If a brother or sister has nothing to wear and has no food for the day, and one of you says to them, ‘Go in peace, keep warm, and eat well,’ but you do not give them the necessities of the body, what good is it?
NEW POSITIONS: PARISH NURSES, also known as Faith Community Nurses, within the DIOCESE OF TYLER’s 33 counties. Part-time, approximately 8-10 hours per week
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Parish Nurse will develop and maintain an organized congregational health ministry within a Catholic parish. The Parish Nurse serves as a health educator, health counselor, resource for church and community, and provides healthcare support for those in need.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Currently licensed as a registered nurse in the state of Texas
- Practicing member of a Catholic Church
- Must maintain current CPR certification
- Must complete formal continuing education in parish nursing within six months of employment
- Perform all activities in accordance with the American Nurses Association Standards of Practice and the Texas Nurse Practice Act
- Commitment to maintaining knowledge and skill base as a nurse
- Abilities in teaching individuals and groups
- Genuine compassion and respect for all persons
- Deep faith and commitment to the healing ministry of Christ
Works For: Deputy Director, Catholic Charities – Diocese of Tyler
Works With: Pastor and Catholic Charities Nurses
Email resume to Patty Brittain, DeputyDirector, firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW POSITION: DOJ ACCREDITED-IMMIGRATION CASE WORKER
JOB DESCRIPTION: The DOJ Accredited-Immigration Case Worker provides direct legal services at a reduced rate for immigrants and their families by completing necessary documents to meet U.S. Department of Homeland Security and United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) basic family immigration requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Two-year degree from accredited academic institution or equivalent professional experience as outlined below.
- Three (3) years related work experience with Immigration, social services, human services or non- profit agency.
- DOJ Accreditation or ability to attain accreditation.
- Bilingual proficiency in English/Spanish.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in case management software and other computer related technology.
Works For: Executive Director, Catholic Charities-Diocese of Tyler
Works With: All Agency Staff
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Immigration Case Worker is responsible for following guidelines set forth by the USCIS as well as guidelines and procedures set forth by Catholic Charities Diocese of Tyler including, but not limited to:
- 1. DOJ Accreditation and Legal Assistance
- Maintain DOJ accreditation with the OLAP.
- Complete a minimum of 36 hours approved hours of formal training each year.
- Complete a minimum of 12 hours additional training (formal or informal) each year.
- Represent clients before the Department of Homeland Security and United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- Remain current and knowledgeable of all immigration law changes and policies with USCIS.
- Offer consultation and case assessments based on US and INS law to determine eligibility for immigration benefits.
- Assist families with consulate processing.
- Ensure effective case management by conducting legal research, drafting legal documents, monitoring changes in client’s status and maintaining ongoing communication with USCIS regarding client’s case.
- Assist clients in preparing documents for U Visa and VAWA cases, family-based immigration, naturalization and citizenship, Temporary Protected Status, DACA, or other immigration benefits.
- Assist U Visa and self-petitioning applicants and families with Adjustment of Status Applications for their permanent residency in the U.S.
- Provide legal services to qualifying victims including the review of sensitive documents or photos.
- Possess a work understanding of Latino cultures.
- 2. Administrative Performance
- Demonstrate proficiency in Law Logix or other case management software.
- Ensure that all assigned legal services are provided and records maintained in accordance with applicable federal, state and local regulations, as well as Catholic Charities-Diocese of Tyler Policies.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and confidential case files.
- Manage a high volume of clients through organization and efficient time management.
- Answers messages, checks voicemail and email with responses to all in a timely manner using good judgment to urgent situations.
- Identify and attend pertinent training.
- Ensure clients are up to date and informed about all aspects of their case.
- Demonstrate efficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, case management software, Outlook, and Google calendar.
- Attend staff meetings and use all forms of communication effectively.
- Maintain high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Catholic Identity
- Support the teachings of the Catholic Church and embody Catholic Charities mission and vision through behavior and daily interactions.
- Treat clients to the highest possible professional standards including respect, courtesy and quality of advice.
- Maintain sensitivity to diverse cultures as well as victims of crime, trauma, domestic violence, and sexual assault.
- Convey concern and establish a trusting, caring relationship with clients by active listening and supportive communication.
- Community Outreach
- Represent the mission and vision of Catholic Charities-Diocese of Tyler to agencies, organizations, and the general public.
- Effectively represent Catholic Charities at community functions and other events.
- Engage in community education presentations and assist with the preparation of community outreach materials.
- Build positive relationships with law enforcement, representatives of government and community partners to advance the mission and goals of programs and services.
- Provide referrals to other community agencies, as needed.
- Additional Roles and Responsibilities:
- All other responsibilities as determined by the Executive Director of Catholic Charities- Diocese of Tyler.
Email resume to Kathy Harry, Director, email@example.com