If a brother or sister has nothing to wear and has no food for the day, and one of you says to them, ‘Go in peace, keep warm, and eat well,’ but you do not give them the necessities of the body, what good is it?
SCHOOL NURSE, ST. MARY CATHOLIC SCHOOL, LONGVIEW, TX
JOB DESCRIPTION: The School Nurse will maintain school health records, conduct required health screenings, serve as a health educator, health counselor, and provide healthcare support for those in need.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Currently licensed as a registered nurse in the state of Texas
- Practicing member of a Catholic Church
- Must maintain current CPR certification
- Must complete formal continuing education in parish nursing within six months of employment
- Perform all activities in accordance with the American Nurses Association Standards of Practice and the Texas Nurse Practice Act
- Commitment to maintaining knowledge and skill base as a nurse
- Abilities in teaching individuals and groups
- Genuine compassion and respect for all persons
- Deep faith and commitment to the healing ministry of Christ
Works For: Deputy Director, Catholic Charities – Diocese of Tyler
Works With: Principal and Catholic Charities Nurses
Contact: Patty Brittain, Deputy Director, (903) 258-9492, ext. 104