What We Do
If a brother or sister has nothing to wear and has no food for the day, and one of you says to them, ‘Go in peace, keep warm, and eat well,’ but you do not give them the necessities of the body, what good is it?
Catholic Charities-Diocese of Tyler exists to promote the sacredness of all life and the dignity of the human person. We strive to make a positive difference in the lives of all persons residing within the 33 counties of the Diocese of Tyler, especially those struggling with poverty.
Outreach efforts include:
- Food Distribution sites in parishes throughout East Texas, especially in underserved areas of the Diocese.
- Ongoing support to those impacted by natural disasters.
- A health ministry comprised of parish, outreach and school nurses designed to connect the mind, body and spirit.
- Infant Safe Sleep to help prevent SIDS and Infant Car Seat Safety.
- Immigration Legal Assistance to immigrant families at free or reduced cost.
- Free educational opportunities to help provide a better life for all people.
- Provide resources to parish ministries and Catholic organizations within the Diocese of Tyler.
Want to know more about us?
Parish Nurse Hotline
(903) 258-9492 ext. 104
Parish Registered Nurses are available by phone or via email to help address any health issues.
The Texas counties in the Diocese of Tyler are: